Monday, August 6, 2007

Fake Swag



As an addendum to my previous post, I’ve posted a picture I took with my cameraphone on the subway recently. It’s a picture of what I can only assume is a fake piece of corporate collateral. At the top, the phrase “BMW Fomula” is embroidered into the top of a backpack. At the bottom, there is another plastic logo for Nokia sewn in. I suppose it could be real, but I doubt that 1) there is any partnership between Nokia and BMW and 2) that any joint project, should it exist would be called “Fomula.”

I didn’t know there was such demand for marketing swag like this that is usually given away for free at trade shows and stuff. Maybe I should have brought all my free t-shirts and pens from business school recruiting days to sell on the street.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice photo. Ines and I see this all the time, even in HK. Just the other week we saw a woman wearing a "Tommy Hilfiger by Ralph Lauren" shirt.

In China, pay close attention to the "man purse" the local men like to carry. It's not uncommon to see Dunhill bags with LV straps.