Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Food is good

I’ve been asked to write more about the food in China. I’ll be sure to pay more attention to the culinary aspect of my journeys going forward.

I’ll start off with Taiwan, since as I already mentioned, it’s a great place for eating. It seems like everyone in Taiwan is a foodie. It’s not always the best food in the world, but there is such a wide variety of really interesting and tasty things to eat in Taipei that it’s been hard not to get fat. For example, for breakfast the other day, I had a red bean and green tea bun. (Katie: eat your heart out) It wasn’t as good as a “hot out of the glaze waterfall” Krispy Kreme donut, but a well done tasty treat combining multiple Asian flavors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back up on your blog! So happy to see you are writing again and LOVE that you will be writing about the food. I am already missing the veggie baos we ate every morning in Shanghai. Have some extra tasty treats for us!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that looks really yummy.