Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Great Firewall strikes again

The Great Firewall of China has been extended to block out Blogger. I have not been able to access this blog from Shanghai for over a month now. At first I thought it might have just been my own blog, but then I noticed it was all sites within the blogspot.com domain. Now that I have been traveling to Taiwan on a regular basis, I can actually post with relatively few problems.

The only issue I have now is that no matter what I do to my browser settings, or blogger account setup, the blogger page displays in traditional chinese. It's a good thing I remember the layout of the buttons, because I don't even know what the word blog is in Chinese.

Also, I can't add images, because I don't know the buttons for that. However, as soon as I get this figured out, I'll add some photos.

1 comment:

殷姐與張哥 said...

Hi, Mark

I could not access to your blog a few days ago, but I am trying again today, fortunately, I can access to it.

Good luck, wish your blog and my blog will work fine here in Shanghai

Auntie Ingrid